Thursday, January 5, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

....so i'm only a few days late on bringing my blog into the new year, but it's already been quite busy! our celebration of news years was downtown in nashville amongst 30,000 people. we were two blocks from where lynyrd skynyrd performed, saw some fights, a lot of silver sparkly dresses and had a lot of fun with daniel.

my dad visited from the day after christmas til the day before new years. it was great getting to see him. we took him to a predators game (our 2nd, dad's first). we actually have tickets for two more predators games coming up....but the next one isn't until feb and then march.

Instead of cookies I made cupcakes for Christmas this year!


 The living room, about as festive as I could make it!
 '
Gifts from my brother, Chris.

Daniel & I showing off our Turtle Mugs!!

Dad showing off his gift!

I made hats for everyone for the Preds game! (12/28/11 Preds v Wild)






Dad putting up the ceiling fan!!

Painting the bedroom Purple!!

our house is really starting to come together and feel like a home. i love having a dining area again. i like being able to sit at the table and have dinner. reminds me of when i was younger, especially since it's the same table i sat at growing up. we're almost done painting the bedroom, still need to pick up a bit more paint, we also have some trim work that needs finished up, but we'll do that like weekend warriors! yesterday i used the extra fabric from the pillows i made to update the tv cabinet, an ottoman and a picture frame.



This week I'm hoping to launch an online store for my creations. News to come of course! :) Not sure if I'm going to do Artfire or Etsy, still weighing my options of per item vs flat rate...it's hard when you're not sure if it's gonna take off, be kinda steady or just be plain slow....I think anything would be better than nothing, so I'm just going to go for it.

The Big Stitch is coming up a week from Saturday. I asked Deb if I could help out so I'm making some hats at home to donate. My goal is to make 20 and I've got 3 made so far....



Much Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment