Tuesday, July 14, 2015

a REAL actual update...

Hi Friends,

So much has changed in the past few years since I started writing this blog. I am still living in the same place, so as I looked back through the pictures and old posts it was fun for me to remember when all of the painting and house prepping was new and fun. Now I just want to get out of this house ASAP. I hate my landlady for various reasons I'd rather not discuss.

I also mentioned in my  mini update earlier that I have a daughter now. Her name is Lily and she's pretty awesome.

Daniel and I have both been working the same jobs for a few years now and working very hard to pay off debt (and not create new debt). There is a big push for us to pay of a car that's wrecked...pay off the debt that was caused by that car accident, and finally start working on those damn student loans.

I've continued to do Craft Shows in the Fall time with my side gig, Adventures in Yarnia. It's a lot of fun and I really enjoy it. Last year I ended up doing 5 shows, which was the most I had ever done. I'm hoping to go back to all of the same places this year and maybe find 1 or 2 new ones. It's fun to meet all the different people from around the community.

If you are interested in checking out Yarnia, please visit: www.facebook.com/adventuresinyarnia

I'm looking forward to the fall time as usual because that's when I'm part time at work. I get (usually) 2 days a week off to hang with my munchkin. It also gives me time to actually make stuff for those craft shows and just time to relax a little bit. I've been stashing away money like a squirrel since the beginning of the year to ease the paycheck pain of switching from 40 hr/wk to 24hr/wk. It's a hard change, but I think this year it will be easier than previous years.

Daniel is working hard all the time...sometimes 7 days a week between Waller and Houston (<--Weekend Gig). We are trying to do smarter things with our money now that we've arrived at our 30s....although I'm rounding the bases to 31 and I'm in total denial that I'm currently 30.

Speaking of being old, so my favorite show is Pretty Little Liars and I'm all but obsessed! Thankfully, my friend Sarah is just as obsessed (and just as old) as I am! While I love to watch it on TV, and rewatch it 1,000s times on Netflix and stalk the blogs and message boards I've just recently read one of the books the show is based on. I found a free copy of the 5th book. Now usually I would hate to start a series in the middle...but I know enough about the show that I felt pretty okay reading the book and being able to keep up. There are some pretty crazy differences between the show and the book, but that's cool and it keeps it interesting. I ended up ordering books 1-4 and 6-9 on....wait for it, wait for it....THRIFTBOOKS....I got 8, count'em 8 books for $24 with FREE shipping!



I seriously love this site. I love it more than Amazon. I love it so much I've become an affilate...so click this link, buy some books and help me pay off my student loans!

So, Sarah and I have known each other since like middle school. We reconnected a while back when she asked me to crochet her a blanket. Even though I live 8 hours away (approx 442 miles)...I've somehow managed to kinda teach her to crochet. So between PLL and crocheting, we're regular gossiping school girls. It's a lot of fun. I know she'll probably read this eventually, so I'm gonna say it. I think I'm more glad that we became friends when we got older than when we were younger. We give each other good perspective on things.

Anyways, I should probably get back to the daily grind. Also, I think it's going to storm. I love storms.


Much Love.


No comments:

Post a Comment