Thursday, July 16, 2015

Yarn Haul and other nonsense...

I went to my crochet group last night and hung out with the ladies. We had a very nice time with a lot of laughs. We're kinda a loud bunch. Afterwards I headed over to Joann's with my coupons and a gift card I'd been saving for the "right time," well I made out like a bandit in my opinion. The total after coupons was $47 something, after my gift card I only paid $27. Those big One Pounds are normally $9.99 each! This is going to be used for Christmas gifts and Craft Shows...so definitely money well spent!

If you are interested in a crocheted Christmas gift, be sure to send me a message on FB to Adventures in Yarnia. I'll be doing some craft shows again this year and I'm getting excited for them! I need to go through what I have left over from last year and start stocking up for this year.

My gift list is a little bit longer this year...Lily has some new cousins! I love the additions to the family. I wish we didn't all live so far away from each other. I'd love to be able to visit more. I'm trying to work out some ideas in my head for getting some of us together for some cousin-adventuring-fun! I'm trying to find a cost effective place that would be kind of in the middle for all of us that would be little-kid friendly. Probably won't have any sort of solid plans until next Summer, but it's on my mind.

My work chair is so hard...and everyday I think I'm going to grab an extra pillow to bring to work and everyday I forget...It's an office chair, but it's like there's no cushion...I kind of forget about it for a while, then my butt hurts. lol. I must have sat too much yesterday because I've only been here an hour and it's already like...time to get up and find something I can do standing.

I am excited to report that my books should be there when I get home! I'm wayyyy to excited for some young adult books, but I just can't seem to get enough of them! I read the one book that I have (Book 5) in like a day and a half. I'm really trying to get myself to read more again. One problem I encounter is having enough time...another is just being like calm enough to sit down and enjoy it. I think that's why I'm excited for these books, because I'm already into the show and I want to see what's different. It'll be like an alternate universe I suppose...and I love the idea of an alternate universe. This is one of the books I got on that great deal...which is still going on right now! You can't find them in stores this cheap, friends! (Well, maybe at McKay's, but that's a different story!)


Pretty Little Liars
by:
Sara Shepard
$3.59

I'm sure I'll have more to report once I get the books in and get some reading done! I do my best to stay excited about reading, but some of the things that interest me, well the books are a little bland in tone...so even though it's something I like or want to learn more about it's just not something I can get myself to sit down and do most days. Most days I am just too tired after working, driving, playing, eating and putting Miss Lily to bed. Once she goes down I have between an hour to an hour and a half to relax before I head to bed with my Hubby. I've got to start and master this habit better...they say when you really want to do something, you find a way. I guess I better keep trying things until I find something that works!

That's all for now!

Much love.


No comments:

Post a Comment