Monday, August 10, 2015

Another weekend passes me by...

 Friday evening I was playing outside with Lily on the swing. Daniel was inside making dinner and BBQ sauce (so mostly making messes...). As Lily was swinging she looked off to the side and I saw this red blood spot on the white of her eye. I called Daniel out to look at it. Our friend Bill also stopped by so I asked him to take a look. My first thought was that she burst some capillaries. I called my mom to see what she thought. I also called my Daycare lady to see if she fell or played a little too hard. Everyone thought I should go ahead and give the Docs office a ring. This is where I kinda ran into a problem. I called and it rang and rang and rang...No answer, no vmail. It literally rang until the phone just stopped. Okay, next I tried the emergency room. I was getting a little upset this time, especially when the lady on the phone at the ER told me they can't give medical advice over the phone. Of course my brain has already leaped to worse case scenario and I'm worried she'll go blind. My husband suggested I call a former co-worker who is a nurse...figuring she can at least give her 2 cents if we should go to the ER or not. Lily was fine btw, she wasn't crying or scratching. In fact, she didn't seem to notice it at all. After talking to my friend I calmed down and we ended up talking crochet for a little bit. I decided to just watch her carefully, but relax and call the Doc in the morning.


We got up in the morning and had an easy start to the day. She seemed totally normal and her eye even looked a little better. That made this mama feel good. I called the Docs office, not really expecting anyone to be there and someone answered this time. I was able to take her in right away. We got dressed and ready drove to the Doc's office. I'm a nervous driver most days it seems anymore. I was driving MY old car, which I've somehow managed to become afraid of driving. It's not nearly as pretty as it used to be, it has some body damage that we have been meaning to go get fixed among other problems. We made it safe and sound though, no problems. We also didn't have to wait very long in the waiting room.


Miss Lily weighed in at 31 lbs. She got to do the big girl scale this time. They didn't do height this time around since we came for a specific reason. We'll do all of that next month at her two year appt. We sat in the waiting room and waited for the Doc. She played with some toys and checked out a book.
 She finally let me get a picture of her eye. It's wayyyy better in this picture than it was when I first noticed it. The Doc said we were all right with what it was. Burst capillaries. I asked the different causes of something like this....he said even laughing too hard can build enough pressure to cause this....also straining to poop. Either way I was glad she was okay. She did a good job.

We got home and had lunch, played a little bit more and she took a nap. That gave me time to work on a project. I'd made all of the pieces of a doll during the week and needed to sew her together, which is my least favorite part, mostly because of my not so great sewing skills.
I really had a great time making this doll. I tried sewing eyes on using yarn, but I just couldn't get it quite right, so I scrapped that idea and just went with a blank face. While this is a bit on the boring side, the person this gift is for is a small baby and it's probably best that I don't include small pieces that could be chewed off or swallowed. I choose the colors to match the little princesses' room. I'm so excited for Christmas. I hope she loves it as much as a baby girl can!
   Part of the reason I got this pattern was for the hair. I've never done hair like this on a doll before because quite frankly, I didn't realize HOW to do it...once I got the pattern I flipped straight to this part and had a half & half, DUH/A-HA moment. It was so easy...why hadn't I thought of that before??? I stuffed the bun a little bit extra and gave her puffed sleeves as my ode to Anne of Green Gables. The only weird thing about this pattern is the unevenish number of points it creates. When I was sewing the arms on, I was trying to fold the blanket part so I could space them evenly and realized it was a little off. Oh well, She's a lovely doll and I'm excited to make more!




 I'm happy to report that I started another doll last night and I've already finished the dress and arms. I'm going to need to hit up the craft store to get some more flesh colored yarn. I also need to look into the various shades I could use. I want to make some that are made to look like the Princesses...and then some that are just themselves. I found a great pattern for what I'm hoping will be the more boyish version of a doll...although I don't care who wants a doll boy or girl. As long as they are loved and happy, that's the most important thing I could ask for.

I'm getting excited for the quickly approaching craft show time. I need to lock in some more dates and get real about this happening this year. I spent a little bit of time over the weekend going through some of my items from last year and the even we did earlier this year. I needed to get an idea of what all I really need to make. I have a lot of left over items, so I'm not going to panic, I'm going to fill in gaps and make some fun items that I really hope will sell. I know this isn't a full proof way of making extra income, craft shows can go great or not, but I have so much yarn on hand already, I mind as well give it the old college try.

I somehow found a little bit of time this weekend to watch a few movies. I watched a few of the X-Men movies, The Hobbit, The Life of David Gale, and I didn't quite finish J. Edgar, but I was enjoying it. I also finally finished PLL book #4. Although I've already read the 5th book, I'm going to read it again now that I am going in order. I still have a ways to go before I run out. I'm super excited for the summer finale tomorrow, but sad the season went by so fast! At least by this time next month I will be part time and I can watch a full 6 season binge. Daniel will hate that. LOL.

Oh, according to GMA this morning I'm in the 1% of people still using LOL....my birthday is creeping in fast and that didn't help me in the 'I'm getting old' department.

My nephew had an accident and had to have surgery last week. He's doing well and he's been released. My sister in law and family will be staying with my father in law for a while. It's probably for the best and I wish him a very speedy recovery. I was excited to be able to send a stuffed monkey, coloring book and crayons up to his room to help keep him occupied during his stay. He's a strong boy, I know he's going to be okay. His mommy reports he's been a total champ!

I'm kind of going through this weird melancholy state right now where I'm not really able to get excited for anything. I'm not really sure if there's a good way to explain it in words, other than the bigger part of me is okay with things staying the same way they have been on a day to day basis...and there's just this little tiny voice that's begging for some kind of change...I can just barely hear it sometimes, but I know it's always there. Hopefully, I'll snap out of this blah mood soon...Starting today I'm working alone in the office and in less than a month I'll be part time, so that's something great to look forward too, but at the same time I see all of the things I need to do to get from A to B and I'm right back to blahhhhhhh....being able to just put it out in words does help a little bit, makes me feel not so lonely about the whole time. It's hard to explain to people that nothings wrong I've just lost my mojo for now.

Wow, I'd hate to end on such a downer, that's no good...um, let's see....OH! I've gone most of a week without drinking Mt. Dew and I didn't die or kill anyone! YAY!

Much Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment