Monday, August 24, 2015

Family weekend! (Finally!!!)

Well, we finally had a family weekend like I've been wanting to do for a while now! Saturday morning we all got up and around and took off for Mt. Juliet. We got Lily's 2 year old pictures done along with a few family poses. While we were waiting for the pictures to be ready, we did a little bit of shopping in JCPenney's! I got a few items I needed and a few that I wanted. We finished up and headed down a few doors to Jo-Ann's. Omg....they've been having a sale and a lot of the yarn I was hoping to purchase was out of stock! I was able to get a few things that I needed, so that's a plus. We headed home. We thought Lily would either fall asleep in the car or shortly after we got home. This turned out to not be the case. We made and ate some lunch. Daniel mowed the lawn and did some general yard cleaning. Lily and I played and boy did we play hard. I found a little bit of time to get some crocheting done. I started working on the Virus Shawl. It's super popular right now and works up nice and quick. I was happy with the progress. We thought Lily was getting sick, but I think now that it was just allergies. She kept refusing to nap and finally she went to bed around 9pm. She was up allllllllllllllllllllllllll day long!  Sunday was kinda similar. We got up and all kinda hung out and cuddled on the couch. We watched some episodes of David the Gnome and I made bacon biscuits for breakfast. Dan spent some of Sunday cleaning out our old wrecked car, taking pictures and posting it for sale. I was pleasantly surprised at the response. By mid afternoon Sunday we had tentatively sold the car. The guy was nice, he asked if he gave us $100 now if we'd hold the car for a week so he could get the rest of the money. Daniel and him talked it over and put it in writing. He said if he doesn't show by Sunday, we made $100 bucks. I was pretty pleased with this. It would be great to get out from under this car payment in the month of August. Starting in about 2 weeks I go down to part time at work. I've saved enough money to pay the rent for the 4 months I'm part time, if I also didn't have to pay a car payment, that would only work to improve the situation. Especially since Daniel's hours will also slow down as it gets colder. I feel more prepared for off season this year than I did last year, and that's a nice feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment