Monday, August 31, 2015

Good weekend/last full time week

We had a pretty busy weekend and I liked it. Friday evening we drove over to Smyrna to drop off a hat I made to a happy customer! We got home and played with Lily for a while until bedtime. It was a nice way to end the week.

Saturday, Dan headed off to work for a few hours and Lily and I played and did some cleaning. We played with dolls and in her princess tent. We watched some episodes of David the Gnome together. I crocheted here and there when I could and she played by herself for a while. After we ate lunch she laid down for a nap. I finished a few cleaning type things and then I laid down too. Why not!?

I woke up when Dan got home from work. We hung out together for a little bit and then got Lily up. We decided to take Lily on a walk at one of the parks by our house. I didn't realize this until we got there, but it's actually part of a larger greenway that goes for several miles.

 At first, Lily wanted Dan to carry her most of the way, but once we got her down and walking, she thought she was pretty cool stuff!

She ran for a while then walked. We stopped along the way and looked at some flowers too.




Lily thought was was pretty cool. We eventually found ourselves at a bridge. I had no idea any of this was back here. We've gone to this park before and lived near it pretty much the entire time we've been in Nashville.
We spent a little bit of time hanging out on the bridge and checking everything out. Lily really seemed to enjoy this. We watched the water for quite a while. Eventually it was time to turn back. We didn't pay very close attention to the map when we started out, so we didn't actually do the loop. We didn't know what all we were getting ourselves into and we didn't bring the stroller with us. We decided to head back to the car. Lily ran and walked most of the way back to the car with a flower in hand. 


We decided to swing by Big Lots and just scope a few things out for Lily's upcoming birthday. We didn't really find anything that we wanted, but we did manage to score Lily a kids swimming pool for next year for $4. Not bad! 

We headed home. Lily was about ready for a nap by the time we got home and the timing couldn't have been much better. We got her to sleep and headed outside for the next project....removing the car! 


We found a guy to buy our wrecked car last week and I'm happy to say we made and cleared the final payment! Woo hoo!!! No more wrecked car and no more wasting money on it! I'm so glad we accomplished this. The guy came over with a friend, we loaded it up and sent them on their way!

It was a huge sense of relief as soon as he pulled away. Add this to our list of accomplishments for this year!

Lily's nap lasted long enough for us to get the car gone, then it was dinner time and cuddles. 

I don't really see this as a comfy position for watched TV, but Lily and Dan seemed to be enjoying themselves. The hung out like this pretty much until her bedtime. I was glad they got to spend some good time together. Dan has been around a little more the past few weekends and it sure does make it easier on me! I was able to get quite a bit of crocheting accomplished, which is great because I have a large order that will be due at the end of Sept. I was glad to make some solid progress on it. 





Sunday wasn't nearly as exciting as Saturday was, but that's okay! Dan got up and headed into work for a few hours. Lily and I hung out, watched a few episodes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (from when I was young) and we hung out and had our own cuddles for a while. When she started to get restless she got up and played in her tent for a while. I took those few minutes to get some more crocheting in...I always have some sort of project to work on...I suddenly heard this little voice saying, "Help, help." I get up off the couch and Lily has "fallen" into the outside of her tent and she's "stuck." This quickly turned into a game that I kinda had to stop her from playing because I didn't want her tent to break. It's been a lot of fun for her to play in and I'd like to keep that fun going.





She got restless from playing with all of her usual stuff, so Mommy had an idea of something new to try. I pulled her highchair into the living room and got a little bit of Daddy's shaving cream out. This turned out to be quite a bit of fun for both of us. I kept trying to draw things, but she just kept erasing them as I went along. All in all though, it was a fun time.















I think she kinda liked getting her hands all crazy and covered, I've seen some kids put there hands in stuff and kinda freak out. She really managed to embrace it. I'm hoping to do some more fun/hands on activities with her as we spend more time together during off season.


SPEAKING OF OFF SEASON!! This is my last full time week at work. I have to admit I am excited and completely ready for it. I'm working a different schedule that I have in the past few years...I managed to convince the powers that be to let me work Tues, Wed and Thurs...giving me 4 day weekends!!! This is going to be so fun and amazing. I'm really hoping to use the time well and get Lily out and about more often!!!




Well, I think that pretty much covers it for this entry.

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment